This process currently is only in place for new students. If at any time, you were issued a ONEcard from the University of Delaware, you are excluded from this process. Email email@example.com with any questions.
The UD ONEcard serves as your official identification while at the University of Delaware. In addition to serving as identification, the ONEcard controls access to residential & dining halls, libraries, recreational facilities and other University buildings and services.
Submitting your ONEcard photo
The ONEcard office collects new student photos through an online system. New students should receive an email at their UD email address that includes a link to the photo upload platform. To ensure that this process goes smoothly, please take a look at the following steps and review the photo submission guidelines. Photos that do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
Step 1: Take your photo according to the guidelines listed below.
Step 2: Upload your photo to the portal. Your personalized link to the portal was included in your email invite.
Step 3: Submit your photo.
Before you click “submit and sign out” make sure that your card photo is shown on the submission page.
Step 4: Look for email with approval/rejection status. If rejected, return to step 1.
Step 5: Receive your UD ONEcard. Your ONEcard will be included in your move-in packet when you check into your residence halls. If you are not moving into a residence hall, make an appointment to pick up your card from the Student Services Building (your photo MUST have been approved to make an appointment).
Students are encouraged to review the guidelines for card care on the ONEcard homepage. Damage to your card can result in charges for a replacement.
All photos should be passport-style. An example of acceptable and unacceptable photos are described in the graphic below.
- Must be a recent photo (taken within 1 year).
- The photo must be in color taken against a plain background.
- Photo must be from the top of shoulders to top of head with some blank space above the head and top edge of the photo (similar to a passport photo).
- Photo must be straight-on and eyes looking directly at the camera.
- No hats, earbuds, sunglasses, red-eye, filters, props, additional persons, and jewelry or garments that obstruct a clear view of the face.
- JPEG, PNG or GIF format only.
- Photo file size cannot exceed 300MB.